Headlines News :
Home » » Tok Guru Nik Abdul Aziz, in memory

Tok Guru Nik Abdul Aziz, in memory

Written By Unknown on Sunday 15 February 2015 | 15:18

By Mohd Zainal Ameer

I have always known that this time will come, the day Tok Guru will pass away. In fact I have been dreading it, over the past five six years, as I know his age is no longer on his side.

Tok Guru has a special place in my heart for many reasons, and not just because he was Chief Minister for my state for more than two decades.

Through his governance I learn the true humility and humbleness of someone in power. I learn that someone can embody the teaching of Islam even if he has all the temptations of money, power and influence.


He stays true to the truth, even if the truth causes him a lot of pain, from the slanders of people who slanders, from the jest and mockery of people who hates. He showed me that a state can be governed based on the teachings of Islam, without being “backward”.

I have lived in Kelantan since I was born, and I too have lived in several other states, from the developed Johor to Selangor, to the developing Kedah, but I have never felt we are lacking.
All I ever need is there, and all the trappings of secular modernity that plague other states are conspicuous by its absence.

He taught me that a Muslim is never a racist, and he governed fairly and equally among Muslims and non Muslims.

The outpouring of love shown by the other ethnicities before and after his death is the proof of this.

He cares about the welfare and goodness of the non Muslims as much as he worries about the struggles and difficulties by the Muslims.

His mission in life is solely to see Allah's words to be the highest, and the teachings of our beloved Prophet Muhammad to be spread.

He wants his governance to be the role model for everyone, and for his people to uphold a true creed and the highest of moral standards, a good “akhlak”.

Tok Guru taught me that, I am, above all else, is a Muslim. A servant of the Creator. He showed me that it does not matter whether I am a Malay, a Malaysian, a male or a female, fair skinned or dark skinned, rich or poor, powerful and influenced, or weak and oppressed, I am ultimately judged on my character. My piety.

He showed me that, despite our flaws and weaknesses, and in this postmodern era where religions are viewed with suspicions and derisions, it is possible to emulate the examples of our Prophet, to be an upstanding human.

Through his tenderness, he taught me that Islam is not spread through suspicion and hatred of the non Muslims, but through love and compassion to the non Muslims. And on the flipside, through his unwavering hold to the teachings of Islam, he taught me to stay firm, even if the whole state is under discrimination and the whole propagandists' mouthpieces are going against him.

But above all, Tok Guru has a special place in my heart because to me, he is my other “grandfather”.
The grandfather I never had, after my mother's father passed away even before I was born.

All my life, I have known only my “Ayoh”, the father of my father. Ayoh was the one that taught me the Quran, brought me to the mosques and introduced me to Harakah and subsequently PAS, and ultimately Tok Guru Nik Abdul Aziz.

And from then on, I considered myself to be the “grandchild” of both Tok Guru and Ayoh, as it was through them that I am who I am today.

A Muslim.

Thank you for all your teachings, Tuan Guru Datuk Nik Abdul Aziz Nik Mat. Today, allow me to cry for you, just like the Prophet cried on the death of his beloved Ibrahim.
Your grandson.
Share this post :

Post a Comment

 
Webmaster : Cybersniper Pakatan
Copyright © 2015. Sanggah Daily - All Rights Reserved
Pandangan Dalam Laman Web ini Tidak Semestinya Menunjukkan Sikap SanggahDaily
Mungkin ada bahan yang tidak begitu menyenangkan. Berfikirlah dalam menerima sebarang maklumat